Torture. It was a real torture to read this awful book.
Miranda was so pathetic and Turner, an ass. Their conversation for about a quarter of the book was about her beauty.. or lack of. And when she was only 10-year-old, it was like she was a teenager:
- Miranda: people say I am plain.
- Turner: you are interesting.
- Miranda: my eyes are plain brown.
- Turner: but they shine.
- Miranda: I have a big mouth.
- Turner: your mouth is very kissable.
- Miranda: but my legs are long.
- Turner: you will have a beautiful body.
- Miranda: but I am too pale.
And so on. Uggg, I can't stand when the heroine starts to point out all her defects while others, like the hero, or the best friend, try to paint her as an attractive woman. I can't stand when the hero seduces the heroine and then runs like a coward, trying to avoid her. I can't stand when the heroine gets finally a proposal from the hero, but "she does not want to marry because of honor; she wants looove". I can't stand when the heroine is dying for these 3 little words; no matter if the hero has been happier with her than ever; shows her with little details that he cares for her more than he cares for anyone else.
Such an unromantic romance. And both characters were so annoying.