Turn Right at Machu Picchu: Rediscovering the Lost City One Step at a Time - Mark Adams

Kind of dull, to be honest. I thought that it was going to be about the journey of a guy to Machu Picchu and at the same time, a book where I could gain more knowledge about the place itself. It is not a travel book as I was hoping.

I disliked the author's style of writing. About 70% of the book he is quoting Bingham, or narrating what Bingham went thru, or the adventures of Bingham. Then he immediately jumps into his own story and out of nowhere, he jumps into the Inca and Spaniards history. Maybe, maybe, if I was going to do the Inca Trail (which I will not, I am not brave enough) I would have enjoyed more. Or maybe, maybe, if I was a fan of Bingham, it would have been better. But I am not a fan. He is not the discoverer of Machu Picchu; he only bought knowledge of the place to the world. I agree with the ex First Lady Mrs. Karp-Toledo, which may be the most interesting part of the book, when she talks with the author. If I wanted to know the experience of Bingham I would have read "Lost City of the Incas".

In summary, the author does not provide any important fact or any description of his journey, that I could consider helpful for my journey. No description of Cuzco, of Ollantaymbo, of Sacred Valley.. no description of at least, his own thoughts or feelings when he was up there in Machu Picchu. His second visit was by far more interesting than the first one.