Gahh, what a lot of crap. If I was told at the end of the first volume I would come hating this manhwa, I may have covered my ears and ignore such sacrilege. I mean... it was perfect and one of my favorite shoujo, come on! I am so pissed I almost rate this 1 star, but well... I did enjoy some parts, and I still like some of the characters, so it would not have been fair.
but it turned out to be a huge disappointment. And to think I wanted to buy this thing! To think I compared this manhwa with KnT! To think I loved these characters! Ugh, this made things worst, because I did fall in love with them. At then end, I ended up liking Ah Ra and Si Hoo, two characters who were supposed to create problems but that were the most honest of them all.
This story, despite being not too original, was beautifully written and drawn. Last volume turns into a freaking paranormal YA, which is one of the things I hate the most. It is right up there below beans and hypocrisy.
Let's begin with the 2 MC:
- Jae Min: in my first review I described him as one of my favorite Boys. WRONG! He is now of my least favorite. As soon as he finds out Ma Ri is a vampire, he turns into such an A**HOLE! Ugh, I can't stand people who generalize things. I get he had a traumatic childhood, blah, blah; he blames vampires, blah, blah. But have all the vampires make his life miserable? And the way he treated Ma Ri... what a jerk! I can't and have not forgive him. In fact, because it is HIM, I think it is unforgivable.
- Ma Ri: in my first review I described her as cool and tough girl. And WTF makes the author? She (or he) turns Ma Ri into a suicidal girl. SUICIDAL! And she was, "oh, so hopeful for humans to like vampires". Blah, blah.
- Chagrin: she was a lovely girl who becomes Ma Ri's friend. She loves vampires. Then, she turns into a maniac bitch who makes Ma Ri's life miserable. WTF? Her reasons were weak and pathetic. And WTF with the end? Did she get what she wanted??
- Umi: or however you spell her name. She is supposed to be one of Ma Ri's BFF. Then "The Incident" happens, and she is afraid of Ma Ri? What a dumb, stupid girl! I could not forgive her either, and then she has the nerve to wish to be BFF again.
- Si Hoo: I liked him a lot because he was like a big brother to Ma Ri. He pretended to be a jerk, but cared for her. Then, the manhwaka makes him "fall in love with Ma Ri". WTF! Just like a cheap, boring Paranormal YA book. A love triangle. Between a nice and a bad boy. ***yawn***
- the classmates: when The Incident happens, all of them become like members of Ku Klux Klan. Bullies and mean to Ma Ri. The things they did and say! They were horrible, and monstrous. Then the misunderstanding clears up, and they "feel sorry for what they did". Such hypocrites! And then they have to nerve to want to be friends with Ma Ri. Ugh, I hate them all.
So... whatever. Thankfully it ended. It was painful for me to read it. I mean, it took me 3 days to finish it. 3 DAYS (I gave up for the weekend).