In the Hand of the Goddess - Tamora Pierce I´m having a little hard time progressing with this book. In the first place, I chose this book because I was looking for a bad-ass female character and because of the good reviews. However, I´m having troubles liking Alanna. And the story itself. Why? Because in one chapter she is 13-year-old, in the next one, 15-year-old and so on. She starts being Jonathan´s lover when I´m still picturing her as a child, for God´s sake!

Another thing why don´t like her is because she keeps contradicting herself. First, she says she never is going to love someone, bla, bla. Then, she becomes lover of Jonathan... and where does her pride go? And of course, I disagree with her choice. Jonathan over George?? WTF?

EDIT: Well, I finally managed to finish the book. It was MEH. One of the things I don't understand is why everybody likes Alanna so much in the book? When she finally reveals she is a girl to all her friends (friends who were deceived for YEARS) they were like 'ok, we forgive you'. Just like that? No one was surprise, or angry or NOTHING! If this was a book for children it would be ok, but this is a YA book. The same with the rushness of the story, it happens all too fast.

So, the first book was good and entertaining, the second... not so much. I have to think if I'm going to read the rest of the saga...