The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky It is hard to describe what I think about the book. Charlie is a very strange main character. He is observant, lonely, nice, quiet. Everything that happens around him is what, I suppose, happens usually in American life: drugs, party, friendship, violence, homosexuality, rape, suicide, abortion, molestation... So I do not understand why this is in the list of banned books. Whatever...

Charlie's life is kinda of sad to me, or at least, what happens around him. I think the only person close to him who did not go through something sad was his brother. Even Charlie went through something really traumatic when he was younger, only he does not remember until almost the last pages of the book. Sometimes he seemed like he was from mentally handicapped. Or at least autistic. He was 15-years-old, but he was too innocent for certain things, like masturbation (he did not know what that mean... seriously?)even if he was a great reader. He cried a lot, for any reason. He did not show any true emotion, he was just content.

And there are a couple of things unfinished in the end. Why is his therapist asking him a lot of question when he was younger, but his parents did not know the story behind Aunt Helen? And who was the person Charlie was writing this letter to?