Ninth Key - Meg Cabot This volume was not as good as the first one. I am not sure why, maybe because there was not enough about the stepbrothers, or Cee Cee and Adams, or maybe because Tad, as a romantic interest, was not as interesting as Bryce was. When Tad's father made his appearance, I really thought the series was going to turn into a supernatural series where Susannah would have to fight against vampires, zombies, etc. Thankfully, it is still only about ghosts.

In this book, I did not like Susannah as much as I did in the first one. I am not sure, maybe because she behaved and dressed more like Faith from Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, or maybe because she turned out to be more shallow as to date Tad, a nice, gorgeous but empty-head guy.

The thing is I really like Jesse. I want them to be together. But it cannot be, as he is DEAD. How will this series end? Hopefully not too sad. So, in spite that the book was not too fun, I will continue reading this series. Luckily, I like Meg Cabot's writing.