Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment - James Patterson I tried, I really tried... but I had to give up. I just couldn't get into the story! I tried for almost 2 weeks only because of the good reviews and of the hype. Honestly, I did not care for the characters.

The idea is good. 6 children (Max, Fang, Iggy, The Gasman, Nudge, Angel) who are orphans, live on their own and have wings. How awesome is that? There are, of course, bad people from the Lab who are trying to get them, and in the end, kidnapped 6-year-old Angel. Max is the leader of the group, being only 14-years-old. She proclaims she loves Angel more than anything in the world, so when little Angel is kidnapped and tortures, they plan to save her. But what does Max do? Does she hurry up and saves her? Oh no, she wastes time helping a strange girl (which was good, but hello! Angel, her beloved person in the whole world needs her!), then, because she was injured, goes and lives with the girl and her mother. She is happy to have at least a temporal mother, while poor Angel is being tortures as an animal.

I think I only liked Angel. Her ability of reading minds makes her interesting. The other members of the gang... boring. I could not care less for them. In fact, I despise Max (and she is the main character, so I guess my attempt to finish the book is useless).

So, this book goes directly to my abandoned-shelf. Unfortunately.