Shadowland - Meg Cabot So far, Meg Cabot did not disappoint me. I always like her heroines. In this case, Susannah is a kick-ass girl, a sort of Melinda from Ghost Whisperer with Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the gift to see dead people and help them from Melinda, the bad-ass-ness from Buffy). She starts like someone pretty much like myself: few friends, a mother who wants her daughter to go out and have a boyfriend, etc. She ends up being the heroine of her school.

I can say that I liked every single character from this book. Her stepfather is sweet, her step-brothers are awesome: Dopey, Sleepy and Doc, even the last names she secretly gives them is fun. Father Dom is kind of a cool guide she has, and fortunately he has the same gift as she does. Jesse is also a nice character, and Latin! I like it as I am a Latin myself. The only thing that makes me kind of sad is, how are they going to make it if he is ghost??

Lately, if it is a series, I've been reading only the first one, because it tends to suck starting the 2nd one (except a very few exceptions... hello, HP). But in this case, I am looking forward to read the next one.