The Wallflower, Vol. 1 - Tomoko Hayakawa, David Ury I am pleasantly surprised I liked this manga that much. It was funny, but most important, I like the main girl, Sunako. The story is a mix between OHSCC and Kimi ni Todoke: the 4 boys in this manga are like the hosts (there is a Mori, a Honey, and kind of 2 Tamakis), and the girl is somewhat like Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke (in looks mostly... Sunako is darker, Sawako mas more innocent... but both of them have self-confidence issues).

Yes, it is gloomy. I find the nose-bleeding somewhat too macabre. She really does bleed a lot! But she is fierce, she can fight, she is not a whiny character. A little depressed and with low self-esteem, but she is not smiling all the time and she is not a dumb girl, which I appreciate in a shoujo.

The art-style is not for me. Luckily the story is good, cause the boys are too bishounen for my taste. They look so feminine! And very much alike... sometimes I have problems distinguishing Morii from Takano... But Sunako's chibis are lovely! I like them a lot.