UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)

UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) - Chanda Hahn I got a free e-book copy from Amazon.

Maybe I am reading too much manga, but the plot was very similar to a shoujo. Clumsy, introvert, ordinary Girl does something outstanding that makes popular, hot Boy to notice her (Mina saves Brody's life), and then, out of nowhere, the Boy is head over heels with her. So the weakest point of this book is their romance.

I like the retelling of Hansel and Gretel, and of Red Riding Hood. Mina has a curse, from years behind, a curse that made her father and uncle killed. She is a descendant of the Grimm brothers, and she has to defeat the curses to survive. And the character I like the most is Nan, Mina's BFF. She was fresh, and a very nice person towards Mina's little brother.

The book needs a better editor. There were a bunch of punctuations mistakes (i.e: "No I don't"). Some parts need more explanations, and other parts need to be cut out.

Mina's last name is Grimes, and Brody's is Carmichael. As a fan of the TV show Chuck, I loved it. And Mina's mother is Sara :) I am not sure if it was intentional or not, though.