Like a Sparrow Through the Heart (Like a Sparrow, #1)

Like a Sparrow Through the Heart (Like a Sparrow, #1) - Aggy Bird As today is a holiday, I seized the oportunity and read the whole fanfic. It was sweet and angsty and dramatic. The first chapter we are introduced to Zip and Tawney, two bird-shifters that are like enemies (not really, Tawney hates him because of a misunderstading) and then they cleared everything up and became lovers. And then, chapter 2, we are introduced to the real main character, Talon, a griffin-shifter who is also very violent.

He is devasted because he lost Zip (he has been in love with him since forever) and while moping, he meets Flit, a sparrow-shifter. At first, I could not like Talon very much. He was too violent, and grumoy, and does everything have to be resolved by punching? That was his idea, at least. For some reasons, Flit had to stay at his home for 2 months. On the other hand, Flit was a darling. Sometimes he was a little girly, but he was sweet.

Their relationship was kind of Sempai-Morinaga´s in [b:The Tyrant Falls in Love, Volume 1|660649|The Tyrant Falls in Love, Volume 1|Hinako Takanaga|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1176856445s/660649.jpg|646723]: one gets punches all the time, the other is sweet and tries to get into the other one´s heart by being kind and nice. But, as it happened with Souchi in the manga, I though Talon was also a jerk most of the times. At least he had his tender moments, when he was protective and sweet to Flit. The romance was not too sweet in my opinion, but it was steamy.

There is violence in this fanfic: Flit used to be hit by his former boyfriend. There is also an almost homicide. But the idea of the bird-shifter was nice and interesting. One doubt I had... are there not any females in this civilization? All men were going out with men... I know it is a yaoi fanfic, but seriously, practically no women?

Nice fanfic, romantic and fast-reading.