Cool Japan: A Guide to Tokyo, Kyoto, Tohoku and Japanese Culture Past and Present (Museyon Guides) - Sumiko Kajiyama I am currently planning my "future" itinerary to Japan, and this was, on one hand, a wonderful help and informative book, but on the other, very nerve-breaking since there are so many places to visit but not enough time for me to do it :( I thought that 5 days in Tokyo and 3 in Kyoto would have been enough, but this book proved me wrong; I would need AT LEAST, one week in each city. I will still miss Tohoku, but unfortunately I can only take 2 weeks holidays :(

The photographs are beautiful/ The book is not only enlightening but also have information as hours where the locations are open, addresses, etc. There are also maps (I love maps when I am traveling).

The author not only describes the touristic places but also includes a bit of history. Important figures such as Oda Nobunaga, Sakamoto Ryoma, the poet Basho, Hikaru Genji, etc.

The only negative aspect I found is the abrupt end. Other than that, I am considering taking this book to Japan, as a guide.