Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto Vol. 1

Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto Vol. 1 - Nami Sano More like 2.5. Maybe

Read till chapter 12.

I still don't know what to make of this manga. It is funny, but like, creepily funny. It is like Sakamoto is some kind of demon, more specifically, like a mix between Sebastian and William from Kuroshitsuji. He is extremely good looking (looks very much like William) and does all these awesome things, not to show off, but because he is interested in them. Pretty much like Sebastian. Like in this chapter where he is the gofer of a bully, and not because Sakamoto feels threatened, but because he wants to improvise in all these things, like making excellent snacks, polish shoes, making clothes, etc. It is like he doesn't have any feelings; it is always from the academic/cientific point of view. I think it is the same as with his only friend.

The art is nice but it reforces my idea of making this shounen a horror manga instead of a comedy one. It is similar to GANTZ and Battle Royale. Specially when the character is crying, super macabre. I honestly wouldn't have been that surprised if one of the characters suddenly exploted in million pieces, with blood all over the place. It has that kind of art, the gore one.

So, to summarize: creepy, with a horror/gore like art. But I can't deny it made me laugh a couple of times.