Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined - Stephenie Meyer It was OK, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who didn't like Twilight, because this book is exactly the same in at least 75% of it. Even the dialogues, if I am not wrong. So it is basically re-reading the whole thing again with minor changes. I liked Twilight (Vol. #1) in my time. But reading this today (which is basically, re-reading Twilight), made me see that it was not as awesome as I used to think :(

I wished the author would have re-written it but with Beau and Edward as the MC. Yes, that is right, a male/male romance. It would have been a lot more exciting and more challenging. Instead, it was a Beau/Edythe story, but really, even if I didn't want to, it was like reading a Bella/Edythe love story. Why? Because Beau was a wimp. I liked Bella (in book #1 ONLY), and when she tripped, it was fine; when she blushed, it was fine. But to read Beau do it... I did not mind when Bella had tears in her eyes thinking she would be separated from Edward... but the other way around? A teenager boy crying because he wouldn't see his love for 24hours or whatever? What a wimp. Or when he was hysteric when the hunter was after them.

Only in this book I realized that the author liked to repeat the same thing over and over again: like Beau had blotches of red on his neck or cheeks (or he blushed); or that he was pale and tall, or that it was constantly raining, or that Edythe was so beautiful it hurt... I am not exaggerating, this was told over and over again, to the point where I was "OK, I GET IT!".

I think the author could have done better with the names; I get that she tried to make them the more similar to the original names, but they were so lame: Edythe, Royal, Carine, Earnest (seriously? Earnest? why not Ernest?).

So yeah, I felt this time that the story is very emo. Edythe constantly blaming herself, reacting hot and cold, she and Beau apologizing over and over again... Still, I like [b:Twilight|41865|Twilight (Twilight, #1)|Stephenie Meyer|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1361039443s/41865.jpg|3212258]. I don't care that people degrade the book, with the whole feminist thing, blah, blah. I enjoyed it in my time (when I was younger), and today I see the book with fond. I still think that the love story is sweet and clean, specially since it is a first love for both of them. May be a bit insta-love, but they talk and they do get to know each other.

I like the change in the final 2 chapters, which are not the same as Twilight. I wish the author made this end in her original work, instead of ruining the story with the sequels.

Overall, I like the original version much more, which is Edward/Bella. My second option would be Edward/Beau