The History Boys: The Film

The History Boys: The Film - Alan Bennett, Nicholas Hytner Quite nostalgic about the movie.

This screenplay is similar to [b:Dead Poets Society|67238|Dead Poets Society |N.H. Kleinbaum|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1359814692s/67238.jpg|1207563], only more sexualized: sexual molestation and homosexuality. In spite of them, it is a fun book, a slice of life about 8 students (The History Boys), and their Professors. All characters are colorful and likeable (yes, even the professor who likes to grope his students -made me wonder why the students allow it? Did they care so much for the professor it was kind of OK with them?-). I don't know if it is because of the movie, but it was a script easy to read, and when I got to the end, I got sad with the epilogue.

There are two versions of this book. This one includes an introduction by Nicholas Hytner (the director of the movie), Alan Benett's film diary, and lots of photographs, which helped me to remind me who was who.

The best moments in reading are when you come across something -a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things- which you had thought special and particular to you. Now there it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out and taken yours.