DNF at 81%
About a quarter of the book was good. I liked Darcy's personality, I liked the chemistry between him and Caleb. It may not be gay-for-you... it is in reality a I-realize-I-am-gay-because-of-you, which is nearly as good as a g4u. Nearly, in my mind, but not entirely. The sex scenes are smoking hot. The lust and heat between these two was amazing. For those scenes alone I would have rate it a lot higher. And what I love the most is that their hot scenes are not in the bed, but on an otoman, on the floor, on the couch, etc. Super steamy.
But we know that a MM Romance is not -entirely- about sex scenes.
The things I hated **spoilerish**:
- Insta-love. They are proclaiming their love for each other at the 3rd day. THIRD DAY. While I may have forgiven that, they were saying ILY every freaking chance. And not only when they were intimate.
- Darcy had never been with a guy before. Never thought about being with a man before. But he bottoms like a pro. Takes it like a pro. And they did not even use a freaking lube. Gah, while I think spit is a gross form of lubrication, at least there is a kind of lubrication. But not to use it at all on a virgin-butt guy... and that he enjoys it... yeah, right. Oh, and the tiny little issue that THEY DO NOT USE CONDOMS. They have known each other for 2 days, Caleb could be a manwhore for all we know, but he gaves the "I am clean" trash.
- Caleb is WAY too dramatic. His life I mean. Everything bad that could happen to someone happened to him. His mother has cancer, when he was younger he had been used by his first lover (who used him as a prostitute), he killed that guy, he had been in prison, he had been raped, etc. WOW, talk about a rough past. It was just too much.
- Darcy's ex-girlfriend is a crazy psycho who did crazy stuffs. Another WAY too melodramatic problem.
- Turns out, everyone is gay. Darcy, the goth guy, Bailey, Amber, Caleb's mother and his housekeeper, Caleb's best friend. Am I missing someone else?
- Which leads to the final con. Bubba, Caleb's best friend, is in love with him. He hates Darcy. He is also married to Caleb's cousin. I hated when he showed up when Darcy and Caleb were having sex and watched them. It made me sick. But worst of all, when he, afterwards, kissed Caleb and Caleb kissed him back. With tongue and all. And of course, Darcy discovered them and then ran away. They were already in an established relationship -Caleb and Darcy-. They were living together, Darcy came out with his parents, were so "in love". Then goes freaking Caleb and kissed Bubba like he meant it, and oh, all because he had known Bubba for years and had been his first love.
People, THAT IS CHEATING.
I don't care if there are past feelings or whatever. Caleb cheated on Darcy and would have continue if Darcy did not walk on them. **vomits**
I HATE any kind of disloyalty. I guess stupid Darcy will forgive him eventually, so this is a DNF for me.