Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms - Fumiyo Kouno
A beautiful, touching josei manga; a perfect reading on the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima's Atomic Bomb. Three chapters only, 2 stories (Town of Evening Town and Country of Cherry Blossoms) in different era.

The first one was very sad, about a young woman who presents the symptoms of the radiation years after the exposure to the bomb. It starts quite normal, like a slice of life, of Minami working, meeting with friends, taking care of her mother, of their little house, remembering often that fateful day. The end is very sad.

The 2nd and 3rd chapter is about a girl, her brother and father. The girl follows her father when he goes for "a walk". It is also sad but at least it ends better -not better, but with a positive tone-.

Some scenes that were realistic and simple, yet touching:

- when Minami takes off her shoes (I don't know why, but it was).
- when Nanami visits her brother at the hospital and takes with her the sakura leaves.
- when her father was sitting on the bench.

The art worked so well. Seems simple in details of the faces, but the background + the clothes were stunning.

I may buy the paperbook, to share it with others and re-read it whenever I want.