The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion
The first thing that come to my mind when I started this book was, is this based on the Jdrama "Kekkon Dekinai Otoko"? I still did not watch it, but the plot seems very similar...

Don is an interesting character, kinda like Sheldon Cooper. This is the first time I read a book from an older male POV (40 years old). I love stories where opposites attract; where the MC is sure that her/his other half is not suitable for her/him. While Don is helping Rosie to know who her real father is, he makes things he never thought he would do, like eating in a restaurant where men are forced to wear jackets; or when he skips his organized meals; or the times he had to steal samples for the DNA. I loved their journey to NYC.

Starts a bit slow, but eventually gets better. It may be because Don's way of talking was so scientific, and he likes to point out the BMI on people. But it is also part of his charm.

Too bad he had a make-over. It was for the best, of course; I just don't like that "weird" people always have to have their make-over to gain their love, but anyways, it all ends well.

And Rosie gets her own Atticus Finch